We welcomed two new team members to West Walla Farm last week – Sergeant Mac and Tuscan – Maremma livestock guardian dogs (like Oddball). These two lovely dogs have been guarding the chickens at another pastured egg farm near Wangaratta, so adapted quickly to their new home with our flock of happy chickens. Cooper (our old Maremma) hasn’t been able to keep up with the foxes and had retired himself to guarding the house (usually from the verandah or under the photinia hedge).
Lots of things have been changing rapidly in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, but our chickens have not! The girls are still laying plenty of lovely eggs and we are adapting as best we can to a sales environment with fewer markets and no hospitality industry customers. Lots of you have been asking us how you can still get our eggs during this time – thank you so much for your support! We have a few solutions:
- You can find us at a market that has not been cancelled:
- The Beaches Market in Warriewood on Friday mornings
- Riverina Producers’ Market in Wagga Wagga every second Thursday afternoon
- You can order online for a pickup in North Sydney, Concord, or at the Beaches Market. There is even a subscription option so you know you will get your egg order every fortnight. The first egg pickup will be this Saturday at 8:30am for North Sydney and 10:30am for Concord (and then 18 April, 2 May, 16 May, etc). Orders for this Friday/Saturday will close at 7am on Friday.
- You can look at the list of stockists on our website to find one close to you.
- You can order for home delivery from some stockists (please bear with them and us as we figure out how many more eggs they need – stocks may be low until we find a new balance between markets and stockists):
- 800g eggs from Christian and the fabulous team at Quattro Deli in Chatswood Chase (minimum order and/or a delivery fee applies – but they have a huge range of food and wine so it won’t be hard to fill an order with goodies). Visit their website or call 02 9411 8875.
- 700g eggs from The Market Drop, which is going live soon. This website is being run by fellow market stallholders Aurore Ghigio and Tom Ippolito of Cheese On Wheels and brings together some of your other market favourites. Please note: the platform should open Monday 6th April for the first orders.
Is there anything we can do to make this time easier for you? If you are in quarantine, or cannot leave your home, please give us a call to ask about home delivery.
We hope you and your family are safe and well. Take care!
Amy & Tobias Lehmann
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.